Use this function to view the housekeeping status of all the rooms in a property. This screen can be printed to generate a Housekeeper worksheet and distributed to the housekeeping staff.
- This feature can be accessed by selecting Housekeeping >> Housekeeping Status in the main menu bar.
- When the form first appears, it displays the room occupancy for all room types along with the name of the housekeeper assigned for Today.
- To display room status for other dates, select a date on the virtual calendar and click on the Find
- To assign Housekeepers on your cleaning schedule, select their name from the list. To update the housekeeping status, select from the Change Status column. Click on the Save Changes button once done.
- Housekeeping Report
- Amount Due
This report shows the amount due for reservations.
It can be viewed under Housekeeping >> Reports >> Amount Due
- Check-in Report
Reservations with the check-in date matching the given search date will be displayed.
- Check-in / Check-out Report
Guest Check in and Checkout can be viewed under Check-in / Check-out reports. To view this report, go to Housekeeping >> Reports >> Check-in / Check-out in the sidebar menu.
- Hourly Check-in / Check-out Report
Hourly Room’s Check-in and Check-out can be viewed under Hourly Check-in / Check-out reports. To view this report, go to Housekeeping >> Reports >> Hourly Check-in / Check-out in the sidebar menu.
- Housekeeping Report
The Housekeeping Status Report displays the housekeeping status in every room in the property. The status can either be assigned from the calendar screen or from the Housekeeping Status screen. The Housekeeping department can run this report before and after each shift to report the current housekeeping status of each room. To access this report, go to Housekeeping >> Reports >> Housekeeping in the sidebar menu.
1. To view the day’s report, click on the radio button labelled Today or select a Custom Date manually entering a date or choosing one from the virtual calendar.
2. Then select the Display Result button.
3. To export the status in Excel/XML/Text format click on the corresponding buttons Export to Excel/Export to XML/Export to Text.
4. To print the status, click on the Print Preview button which formats it for the printer.
- Housekeeping Assignment
The housekeeping assignment worksheet is a tool for scheduling housekeepers and recording room inspections. Any updates made on the Housekeeping status, or assignment will be printed on this worksheet. To use this feature, go to Housekeeping >> Housekeeping Assignment in the sidebar menu.
1. One can locate the report of that day by clicking on Today or for any Custom Dates by selecting a day from the virtual calendar.
2. Click on the Print Preview button to generate a copy for efficient use.
3. The printed worksheet includes columns for housekeeping to sign or initial, and also for a supervisor to mark each room as being inspected.
- Housekeeping Occupancy
For properties that like to group their housekeeping task according to arrival and departures, the Housekeeping Occupancy report is best to view those things together. A list of rooms can be provided to the Housekeeping staff based on the room occupancy for that day. A report can be generated for the occupied rooms (Stay Over Report), rooms expected to check in, check out and those that are vacant or blocked. The housekeeping department may print these room lists and schedule the rooms for cleaning accordingly. To access this feature, go to Housekeeping >> Housekeeping Occupancy in the sidebar menu.
1. Click on one of the options in the drop-down list based on the criteria you are going to search: Blocked, Check In, Check Out, Stay Over, or Vacant.
2. Click the Display Result button at the bottom to view the room list.
3. To export the status in Excel/XML/Text format click on the corresponding buttons’ Export to Excel/Export to XML/Export to Text.
4. To print the status, click on the Print Preview button which formats it for the printer
- Stay Over
This report provides information on actual number of guests residing in each room for any given time. This can be useful for the front desk, or housekeeping staff. It can be viewed in New PMSUI under Reports >> Activities >> Stay Over.
Room Status in PMS
We can add new status on housekeeping and customize the existing housekeeping status name and colour in the calendar as per our need. It can be done by going to Setup >> Front Office >> Room Status >> Housekeeping Status.
Assign the below existing status on the rooms based on their conditions
Clean: When the room is in clean condition.
Dirty: When the room is in Dirty condition.
Out of Service: When the room is in not usable condition.
Vacant: When the room is vacant.
To add new status:
Enter Status name, assign a colour and click save.
To edit an existing status, click on the Pencil icon. To delete the existing status, click on the Trash Bin icon.
Housekeeping Status in Calendar
We can set the housekeeping status from the calendar by right-clicking on the unit and then assigning the status from the pop-up menu.
Automatic status after Check-Out
We can set the room status into dirty automatically after a new check-out is made. It can be set up by going to Setup >> Front Office >> Default Settings >> Chart Setting >> Set Status after Check Out.
CheckOut Status: Room will be automatically set into Check-Out status in the calendar.
Dirty Status NextDay: Room will be automatically set into Dirty status after 24 hours in the calendar.
Dirty Status Today: Room will be automatically set into Dirty status immediately in the calendar.