- Redirects visitors to a destination URL of your choosing
- Keeps your domain name in the browser address bar
- Allows you to enter meta-tags for search engine information
Example: Assign (EWR V2 or V3 URL) to forward with masking to example.com. When a visitor types (EWR V2 or V3 URL) in a browser address bar, they will be redirected to the site for example.com. The browser address bar will continue to show example.com, effectively masking the destination URL
GraceSoft-side of the Work:
- After receiving the new domain name (web address) from the client, we will add this website to our hosting server.
- Once created in our hosting plan, forwarding with masking code will added in the index file of the website.
- Once the above work done and tested by our web developer, we will share the IP Address of the hosting server with the client.
Client-side of the Work:
- Send the new domain name to GraceSoft Support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Once client receives the IP Address from GraceSoft, client needs to update their ‘A’ records in their DNS.
Enter the following details for your A record:
- Host: The host name the A record links to. Type @ to point directly to your domain name.
- Points to: The IP address (Hosting server’s IP address) you are setting as the destination for the host. This is the IP Address we will share with you.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information. The default setting is 1 hour.
Once the A record updated. Please allow up to 48 hours for your changes to take full effect globally.