Client must select the following integration option with PayPal Checkout. NEED TO COMPELTE.
- Login PayPal account and get these two credentials,
- Client ID
- Client Secret ID
- Then login PMS and navigate, Setup >> Front Office >> Credit Card and enter those details,
Note: Please make a test reservation in both PMS and online booking engine to confirm the setup works fine.
Processing Payment in PMS:
- Save the card information on the reservation screen.
- Go to billing screen, click on process cc button. It will pop up a screen. Address details will pulled automatically to the new popup screen from the reservation screen. You need to enter the credit card’s information by viewing from the reservation screen, or you can directly enter it if you have the card.
- Once the payment is completed, a payment row will be created in the billing screen.
- For PayPal checkout, there will be three payment codes can be used. Even you select any payment type in the reservation screen, this default payment types only will be updated. (These are PayPal checkout restriction, which we are following)
- 706 – PayPal Payment
- 707 – PayPal Refund
- 809 – PayPal Deposit
- When making refund, you need to choose 707 and then copy the transaction id and process the amount to refund.
- When entering the credit card information directly in the PayPal checkout popup screen, the card information will not be saved in the PMS reservation screen. You need to save in the PMS reservation screen and then when processing, you can view the card and enter in the PayPal checkout popup screen.
Processing Payment in Online:
- After entering the guest details in the online booking registration page, by clicking on “Finish” button, it will pop up the PayPal checkout screen. Same as PMS, it will pulls up the address information from the registration page of online booking engine to PayPal checkout page.
- Enter the Credit card information and make the payment. If payment successful, then it will shows the thank you page.
- For online bookings on PayPal checkout, the credit card number were not saved. So if you are charging partially in online booking and the rest in PMS, then you need to get the card information once again from the guest to process it in the PMS. Recommended solution for this is you can charge the guest full amount of stay instead of partial deposits. To do this, go to Setup >> Web Booking >> Booking Engine Settings