Before updating the Email Configuration screen, please follow these steps to generate an application password which will be used only for Easy InnKeeping.
- Login to your Gmail Account, on the top right corner, click on the icon and click on “Manage your Google Account”
- Click on Security in the left pane and navigate to the section named “Signing in to Google”. Make sure “2-Step Verification” is turned ON.
- Once “2-Step Verification” is turned ON, it will display an option named “App Passwords”. Click on it and enter your Gmail password for authentication.
Note: This “2-Step Verification” should not be turned off after completing the setup. If it is turned off, then no email will be sent.
- In the “Select App” dropdown, choose “Other (Custom Name)”.
- Then enter “Gracesoft” in the text field and click on the “Generate” button. It will generate a password which is highlighted in yellow. Please copy this password, or write it down.
Now you are ready to setup your Gmail account in Easy InnKeeping.Go to Setup>Front Office>Email Configuration. You will see the Email Configuration screen display. For Gmail, you can enter the following settings.
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 587
Email login: Enter your Gmail Address
Email Password: Enter the Gracesoft password you just created. (Don’t enter the normal password. you used to login your Gmail account. )
Sender Email address: Enter whichever email address you want your guests to reply to.
Click Verify & Save. Once the test email is sent successfully, your new email settings are complete.